Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
Total Hip Replacement THR and Total Knee Replacement TKR are very successful surgical
treatments for arthritis of the hip and knee respectively.
Over the last several years, hip and knee replacement surgery has evolved to a minimally invasive technique.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement are
- Less tissue trauma – muscles and tendons are avoided or separated, not cut
- Faster and less painful rehabilitation
- Smaller incisions and less scarring
- Shorter hospital stay – 1to 2 days (vs. 3 to 5 days); some patients go home in less than 24 hours
- Minimal blood loss
- Faster return to work and daily activities